Monday, March 1, 2010

Literary/Film Festival

Thursday 15th April 2010 1pm
LOVE IN THE TIME OF CHOLERA
Author: Gabriel Garcia Marquez Film Director: Mike Newell

"Love In The Time of Cholera has been called a masterpiece of sensuous prose, because of its ability to summon up the textures, sensual pleasures, tastes, and smells associated with living in a particular place at a particular time." "Love in the Time of Cholera: Introduction." Novels for Students. Ed. Marie Rose Napierkowski. Vol. 1. Detroit: Gale, 1998. eNotes.com. January 2006. 2 March 2010. .

Does the film create a sense of time and place through its visual language and is the significance of the title of the book portrayed in the film?

Is it love or cholera that is the ailment?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great film, and I loved the adaptation of book to film, even though some details were not included.
Love the festival, thanks to all concerned

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the book and the film - thank you. I found this title a bit hard going at times - with the level of detail about just about everything. In the end it did convey the passage of time that was covered.

What the festival has done for me is to have me read novels I would not have chosen for myself. And the adaptations for film has made me think and consider the comments the other film goers made.

The Help Online said...

That's great. the movie sounds to be great one. I also heard many thing regarding this movie..I have read the book but didn't got any chance of watching this movie :-)